Show Us a Better Way Contest
This contest is now closed.
The 3rd Annual Redstone Science Fiction Summer Contest
1) Read Sarah Einstein’s column in June 2012, RSF #25 to learn what we are looking for – “show (us) a hopeful future made better by scientific advancement”.
2) The contest will open to submissions between
June 15 and August 15, 2012.
3) The word limit is 5000 words, firm.
4) The winning story will be chosen by Guest Editor Sarah Einstein and the Redstone staff.
5) The winning author will be paid 5 cents per word.
6) The story will be published in the September 2012 issue of Redstone Science Fiction.
7) Submission Specifics:
In general, we prefer the manuscript formatting as outlined by William Shunn.
– Double spaced
– 12 pt. Times New Roman or Courier New
– 1″ borders
– Name, contact info, and word count at the top of page one
– Title and page number in header
– in the subject line include: The word “Contest”, your full name, and story title
– in the body include: your name, contact info, word count, and a short cover letter listing your publication history
– attach your story to the email in Rich Text Format (.rtf) or Microsoft Word (.doc) format
Send the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
8) Be seeing you.